Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Gut Check

According to the international laws of parenting, no child shall ever have a high fever or choking cough or extreme vomiting during nice weather or normal human hours.  
And so goes the boat.
We had a terrific day- navigated the bus system fairly successfully (aside from ending up on wrong side of a fence and ditch- but the correct street!) went to the planetarium and chocolate factory (again!) and made it back to the boat wet from rain, but happy.  
Ty and I then inspected the sewage tank because it looked full again even though it shouldn't be very full- sorry for the detail here- we use the marina toilets 90% of the time.  After some discussion, we determined that the tank should be cleaned out again and the head (boat potty) would be closed until we do so.  Normally this is not a huge issue- aside from having to walk to a bathroom in the middle of the night.  Our engine is out of commission, however, so we don't know when a sewage tank clean out is really going to happen.  On top of that, it is raining and extremely windy and I watched a zombie movie 2 nights ago...so I'm not really excited about the 3am per breaks.
Actually the sewage tank issue is now the third large system to be down- all at the same time: engine, water and sewer.  We've been doing dishes with a garden hose (made for drinking water) fitted with a water filter- trust me, it's way more fun than it sounds.  The water tank should be up and runnjng tomorrow. 
We have no motor until later this week...maybe ...and now no bathroom.  Our spirits are a bit dampened to say the least- at least Tyler and I feel that way-Cyrus still thinks the boat is awesome.
I pouted for a little bit and went to finish a load of laundry.  On the way, I did a gut check- did I want to give up for the night and stay in a hotel? No... Did I want to quit and buy a non-floating house? No... 
And so this too shall pass.
**on a side note, after writing this post: While trekking to the bathroom at 3am (with my designated bathroom buddy-Cyrus) I noticed the clouds had cleared somewhat and I could see Orion and the Big Dipper clearly in the Eastern sky.  Making the best of it...

No comments:

Post a Comment