Thursday, October 3, 2013

Day 30:Marine Science Center

Cyrus and I took a trip to the Marine Science Center on Tuesday.  I wanted to include the report he wrote in this blog, but I cannot do that from a phone- so you will have to contend with my version. 
We took the 17A bus south to Ponce Inlet (the 10th most dangerous inlet on the East coast)
 The MSC has quite a few nice exhibits such as a sting ray touch pool, as well as a turtle rescue center and bird rehabilitation center.

Can you spot the flounder?
We also saw a raptor presentation where I learned that owls must turn their heads so far around because they have no muscles to move their eyes!

The turtle rescue information may have been too powerful as Cyrus announced to me today that he did not flush the toilet because he did not want to poison the sea turtles. 

 

 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment