Thursday, September 5, 2013

Day 3: Moving right along

Map of our drive today
Not really surprising, but dogs are not allowed on most South Florida beaches.  We searched and found a great place to share our fun with Zander: Jupiter beach, an off-leash dog beach about 1 hour north of Fort Lauderdale.  Zander is still not too sure about those waves.

We then traveled north along I-95 to New Smyrna Beach to look at a Pearson 303- I think the fact that the Denver area code is also 303 is a big selling point...we might as well name the boat Bronco- unless they lose tonight. I have a feeling I will be writing more about this boat very soon.
Her owners offered to take us out on a cruise on Saturday- even if we don't buy the boat.  Pretty typical hospitality and friendliness from boating folk.
Cyrus and I had the opportunity to use the head (boat bathroom) for the first time.  This boat has a manual pump head- so you do your bizness and then pump it to a holding tank.  Very exciting!
Cyrus took this picture of the Pearson 303

Tomorrow we are going to the Kennedy Space Center- not to look at a boat... but to look at some cool space stuff!!!  In my other life I am an astronaut.
Oh yes... any many people have asked what a seacock is: see pic below :)



No comments:

Post a Comment